Jeremiah 9:24 But let him who glories glory in this: that he understands and knows Me [personally and practically, directly discerning and recognizing My character], that I am the Lord, Who practice loving-kindness, judgment and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight, says the Lord. tab
We are thankful that we can come to know Jesus Christ in a personal way by the Holy Spirit. We can so closely know Jesus that we can have his mind and thoughts on practical decisions. We can read scripture and discuss the scriptures with other Christians. We are able to determine if they are truthful in their comments on the scriptures bases on the discernment and recognition of Jesus’ character that we receive through the Holy Spirit.
|Cover via Amazon|
- Need to pray and repent so fully that I yield completely to God’s will and truly have no preference on my part. Completely submitted.
- I will pray carefully and expect to hear clearly from God. I will not make important decisions based on feelings or simple impressions that I might get. Jesus please protect me from vain delusions that would lead me astray.
- I need to read your Word and seek to have it impregnated into my life [dwelling in my life richly]. I will always seek to find your exact will in connection with your holy Word as a basis for solid footing.
- I will look for your circumstances that you put into my life to find which ones are God controlled circumstances, so that I will not fight, pray to get out of or act in opposition to your will.
- Father I ask you to reveal your will to me.
- I need to have a clear conscience before you and others, which I do not. I need to quit sinning and find myself not founded on pride, but grace, with a clear conscience knowing that I am completely forgiven.
- I am often choosing to please other men instead of God. Making choices based on other men’s advice is risky, because they may be in opposition to God. Doing this in the past has led to serious mistakes.
- I will make a final and major decision only after I have a clear peace with God. I must spend considerable time in prayer. I must learn to wait on God with faith, even when time seems short, the pressure is on, but I know that God will speak perfectly in his own timing. Trust is the key. Then when I do make a decision to act on this knowledge I will do so in the Name of Jesus giving thankfulness to God throughout the process.
Forgive me of my narrow thinking that I have to earn your grace for response to prayers. You are a gracious God who practices loving-kindness, judgment and righteousness in the earth and we delight in this knowledge. Jesus I pray that you will bring all of my actions into the obedience that a pure and holy God expects from me.